Rocky Springs Presbyterian Church, organized in 1780, had its humble beginnings in Ireland. The first ministers were Irish and the congregation was of Scottish extraction. The first church was constructed of hand hewed logs, had a dirt floor and was located near a spring which gave the church its name. The second church was mainly hand hewed logs with a portion weatherboarded.
In 1820, a frame church building was erected. It was replaced in 1855 by a white painted frame building which stood adjacent to the present church building. A two story brick Georgian church which is dominated by four white Doric columns an broad stone steps, was constructed in 1920. The year 1965 saw an addition of a two story brick educational building.
As in years past, the congregation strives to maintain and beautify the church, the church gounds and the historic cemetery. Rich in Christian heritage, Rocky Springs Presbyterian continues to conduct active programs of worship, education and fellowship. It is our prayer that God will be with Rocky Springs Presbyterian Church and continue to bless it richly as we seek God’s guidance for our role in the future.